Q: Is the ASCT
Chiropractic Technology Certification Exam Accredited?
A: Yes, the ASCT
Chiropractic Technology Certification Program and/or Exam are Accredited in 32 states. Check with your licensing organization for specifics.
Q: What are the
steps to obtain my state certification/license?
1. Enroll in a State Accredited Program, complete required State Paperwork
2. Order Radiation Badge for x-ray programs 3. Receive your State authorization paperwork prior to practicing the profession. 4. Complete assignments and graduate 5. Receive State authorization to take the ASCT National Certification Exam 6. Pass ASCT Chiropractic
Technology Certification Exam and receive your state chiropractic credentials in x-ray, chiropractic therapy, chiropractic
technology, and/or chiropractic assistant.
Q: Am I required to be Certified by ASCT
in Chiropractic Technology in order to receive my chiropractic certification/license?
It is a requirement. The state
will not accept your application without the National Certification.
I required to complete continuing education units (CEUs)?
A: By passing the ASCT Chiropractic
Technology Certification Exam and completing your required 6 CEUs yearly, you
will receive/maintain your ASCT National Chiropractic Technology
Certification and your state chiropractic technology/therapy/radiology
regulating body will receive a copy of your results.
Q: What if I decide not to do the CEUs?
A: You worked so hard to pass the only
Nationally Accredited Exam for Chiropractic Technology Exam; however, if you
have decided not to complete the CEUs, you will lose your Nationally Accredited
Certifications in Chiropractic Technology, Chiropractic Therapy Assistant,
and/or Chiropractic Assistant. Also, a
report is sent to the state in which you hold your license and/or certification
that you did not complete the ASCT Mandated 6 CEUs. Many states require the Accrediting Body
(ASCT) to Certify that the license holder has completed the mandated CEUs. ASCT has no control of any decisions made by
the state licensing/certification body.
Q: If I lose my National Certifications,
how can I get them back?
A: The only way to get your National
Chiropractic Therapy/Technology/Assistant Certifications back is to take the
National Chiropractic Technology Exam again and pay all associated exam fees.
Q: How do I find out about the CEU
A: On six occasions, all examinees receive CEU information:
1. Since July 2011, all printed materials have included the clause “6 CEUs are required yearly to maintain your National Certifications
2. The National Certification Examination online
3. The first screen at all exam study
4. All examinees are reminded prior to
starting the State Exam.
5. CEU requirements are listed several times on our the
website. 6. Now chiropractors must acknowledge that CEUs are required to participate in this program and sit for the state exam(s). No exceptions.
Q: Can I use my license in any state? A: Your State must accept the ASCT Approved program and you must hold an X-Ray State license in order to apply for reciprocity. Ask your state radiology department for reciprocity guidelines.